The Use of the Tax Solutions for You Now
Almost half of taxpayers receive a simplified declaration proposal (PDS) from the tax authorities. If the tax authorities send you a PDS, it is sufficient to carefully check the data mentioned in the declaration. If these are correct and complete, you have nothing more to do. You will automatically receive your tax assessment notice. On the other hand, if you do not agree with the tax proposal, you must correct it via Tax-on-web or via the paper form, respecting the same deadlines as for a normal declaration. If you still need to complete your return yourself, read the following tips for best online tax filing.
Gather all the necessary documents
Your identity card or activate your tax account for even more ease if you complete your declaration via Tax-on-web
Your account number on which the administration can reimburse you if necessary
Information about your income (Labor income, movable income, real estate income, cadastral income, alimony, pensions, financial results for traders and liberal professions, allowances and indemnities):
- The statement of your professional expenses (including social security contributions for the self-employed)
- The tax certificate relating to your mortgage loan and your individual life insurance relating to the same loan
- Tax certificates relating to loans taken out to finance investments aimed at reducing your energy consumption (photovoltaic panels, new less energy-consuming boiler, insulation of the roof, walls and floors, replacement of single glazing for double glazing)
- Expense bills made to insulate your roof
- The breakdown of payments made as part of your pension savings
- The breakdown of payments made as part of your long-term savings
- The amount of childcare costs (for children under 12, or under 18 if they are severely disabled)
- The statement of payments made within the framework of local employment agencies (ALE checks)
- The statement of payments made for services paid with service vouchers
Documents relating to tax reductions such as expenses for securing a home against theft or fire, the acquisition of shares in approved development funds, expenses made to acquire a new electric vehicle.
Your account numbers and life insurance abroad
- Tax deductible donation certificates
- The statement of your advance payments
- The certificate of payment of a compulsory mutual contribution called “compulsory financial responsibility contribution”
- The amounts of maintenance payments paid.
Don’t overlook deadlines
In the event of a delay in filing your tax return, the tax authorities may take administrative penalties such as a tax increase (up to 200%) and a fine.
If you have chosen to declare your taxes on paper, take into account the deadlines for sending it by mail. Send your return three working days before the deadline to make sure you are on time.
You can benefit from an additional period by completing your tax return on the internet:
This online service for entering your tax return is a secure tool. Very functional, this website will guide you step by step in your declaration by making your task easier. Thus, some of your personal data, already in the possession of the tax authorities, will be pre-filled. And, if you should take a wrong step by entering the wrong item, for example to complete certain data, a message appears on the screen.