Did You Recently Suffer a Personal Injury Accident? Hire a Qualified Attorney
hroughout our lives, accidents can occur at any given time. Sometimes, we may not be entirely ready to deal with the variety of consequences that they may bring with them. Even though these are troublesome events, there are still ways to prevent these accidents. We believe that you are here because you too have been the victim of a personal injury accident in the Portland area. Despite being so common, these events can change your life completely. Apart from physical damages, you might also end with emotional distress and be forced to pay expensive medical bills.
Due to these mentioned problems, it is very important to determine the cause that led to your accident. This needs to be done because the majority of personal injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence. As a result, you are entitled to receive fair compensation for your physical and emotional damages, as well as any medical expenses. You must also know that personal injury cases are usually accompanied by a series of legal issues.
For that reason, it is vital to hire a personal injury attorney in Portland. They are highly-trained professionals that have the necessary expertise to fight for the compensation you deserve. That is why we encourage you to join us on this article, so that you can learn the benefits of hiring personal injury attorneys.
Sets of Personal Injury Accidents in The Portland Area
It is important that you as the victim of the accident, are aware of the legal implications surrounding these events. A personal injury accident is defined as an incident where an individual’s body and emotions are harmed by someone else’s negligent actions or recklessness. Whether your injuries are severe or not, it is recommended to seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
Sometimes, injuries are not noticeable after the accident and they may take some time to develop. Needless to say, the emotional damages suffered in the accident can also be very difficult to overcome. As we mentioned before, it is unlikely not to suffer one of these incidents. However, we can still prevent them and for that reason it is important to have an insight on the most common types of personal injury accidents.
- Car accidents are very common and can create a great number of fatalities. In these cases, negligent actions are the prime causes of car crashes. They can range from speeding, driving under the influence, or emotional driving.
- Slip and fall accidents are events where an individual falls as a result of a hazardous condition on someone else’s property. These incidents usually take place at public spaces such as stores, markets, banks and restaurants. Its legal standard states there is a breach of responsibility of the caretaker or owner of the establishment to the victim. In other words, the party at-fault failed to comply with the safety measures, and as a result you suffered the accident.
- Dog bites are common incidents that usually occur in public spaces such as parks or. These are dangerous events that can result in soft tissue injuries and infections in the affected area. The nature of these accidents indicates that there was a lack of responsibility of the dog owner by perhaps not having his/her pet on a leash or muzzle and of simply failing to control the animal in the first place.
- Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional or hospital harms a patient by an act of omission or negligence. These misfortunes can change your life for the worse. You will perhaps need to invest additional sums of money to recover from your injuries and emotional distress.
- Nursing home abuse occurs when residents of long-term care facilities suffer physical, psychological, or emotional harm because of intentional actions perpetrated by their caregivers. A nursing home or other long-term care institution can be found liable for abuse for improper care, negligence in screening employees, inadequate supervision of caregivers, and poor space maintenance.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney in Portland
- No more stress: All of the paperwork, scheduled office visits, and calls from your insurance company can be overwhelming, especially if you are injured. When you hire a personal injury lawyer, you won’t have to worry about filing insurance claims and filling in the rest of paperwork because an attorney will deal with these requirements for you.
- Smooth legal proceeding: The confusion after a personal injury accident added to the overwhelming complexity of legal affairs, may be extremely difficult to deal with especially if you do not have a vast knowledge of law. An injury lawyer can help you with every legal mandate of your claim, such as properly filling paperwork and documents so that you can win your legal fight.
- Higher settlement: Personal injury lawyers will perform a deep investigation of your case, and assess your situation in order to enhance your chances of attaining higher compensation.
- Saves you time: The court may void your case if you fail to present a strong claim due to lack of eyewitnesses or delays with your insurance firm. A personal injury lawyer can act on your behalf by seeking eyewitness testimonies of your accident and negotiating with your insurance company.
- Forcing a trial: If you fail to settle with the other party, or if you feel that you did not receive fair compensation, a personal injury lawyer will be able to force a trial to settle your case once and for all.
Get an Attorney Now
Now that you are more educated on the legal complexities surrounding personal injury accidents, we are certain that you will make the right decision when considering seeking compensation. We hope you understand that you need to hire a personal injury attorney in Portland to achieve your goals. It’s time to make the call!