Common web design mistakes: how to fix the issues?
Small or big businesses, each of them needs a properly functioning website. A good website is crucial to the maintenance of the company’s brand image, for driving in sales, improving the search ranking, and finally, reducing the bounce rates. Check out web design Malaysia for all your design needs. If your website has a bad design, the audience will leave quickly. Here are a few design mistakes and their solutions:
Businesses often add as much information as they can to one specific page. This aims to provide as much information to the customer as possible on one page. However, this makes the page look very confusing and cluttered. It makes the user experience overwhelming, and users feel tempted to get out of the website.
- Simplify the text. Instead of having long paragraphs, put them in bullet points.
- Keep the paragraphs short and line them with headings.
- Allow whitespaces.
- If it is not needed, do not put it. The best option is to have a clean page than a cluttered one.
- Have categories and subcategories
- Use breadcrumb navigation
Ensure there are no broken links present on the website. A broken link would take the user to a ‘page not found’ section. This is not good from a user experience standpoint. Web design Kuala Lumpur can help you design or fix the design mistakes of your website.
Make sure to check every link that is on your website. You can also use Google Webmaster tools to perform this check and tell you if any broken links are present on your website. Remove all the broken links or replace them with functional ones.
Popups can help you increase sales and generate lead conversions. However, if used incorrectly, they can be annoying and prompt the user to navigate away.
- Make sure only relevant popups are present on your web page.
- Only one popup should be present on one page.
- Make sure the popup does not block the user’s visibility of the website’s content. Popup should appear either at the corners or on the sides.
- Offer attractive incentives in the popups to the customers to entice them.
- Make sure a popup does not appear on every page the customer visits.
- Make sure the language is personal and informal.
If the user does not find what they are looking for, they will click away quickly. Therefore, make sure that your navigation is to the point.
You must have menus and submenus to make the navigation process easier for the customer. You can also have menus on the sidebar or the footer section of your website so that the customers can access the menu strongly anywhere.
The moot point of a good website design is to keep the website’s look simple yet attractive. Make sure the navigation is easy so that the visitor stays for a longer duration and check out other features of your website. This will cause a reduction in the bounce rate and increase your search rankings.