Roomba e5 vs 890: which is the better robotic vacuum?
A robotic vacuum picks up things like food crumbs, cat litter, and different hair types. As well as dust bunnies, and other tiny particles left on the floor. It cannot replace the old-school upright vacuum because it does not have that kind of suction. But most people find it convenient to have one at home. The robot vacuums can clean the house while you do other stuff. It has more time and patience than most people. There are great models that are affordable and can deliver great service.
There are many companies that manufacture robotic vacuums. iRobot is one of the leading manufacturers. Most of their Roomba models are expensive. But considering all its features, people deem the Roombas worth their money.
Roomba e5 and Roomba 890 are two of the most popular Roomba models. They are both great robotic vacuums. But which one is more suitable for your needs and preferences?
The Roomba e5 and the Roomba 890 models are not very different from each other aside from their price.
- Roomba e5 has a larger battery than the 890. Roomba e5 can run for 90 straight minutes. Roomba 890 can only run for 60 minutes.
- Roomba e5 also has a larger collection bin. The collection bin is washable unlike the Roomba 890’s.
- Roomba e5 uses a hybrid 2.0 version while Roomba 890 uses the sensor only based iAdapt 1.0.
- The size of Roomba e5 vs 890 is smaller. It is also lighter than the 890.
- Roomba e5 has dirt detection that uses the second generation of the sensor. Roomba 890 uses the first generation.
- Roomba e5 can get into tighter corners. Roomba 890 covers more ground in one pass.
There are various similarities between the two models. Here are some significant ones that you should know about.
- Both Roomba e5 and 890 have high-efficiency filters. That reduces allergen a lot.
- A virtual wall barrier is also present in both models for containment purposes.
- Both models return to the charging dock to recharge their batteries when they get low.
- Both models use rubberized brushless extractors.
- Roomba e5 and Roomba 890 both have WiFi capabilities. That allows you to use the mobile app or voice commands for control.
- Both Roomba models only take less than 20 minutes to maintain.
- They will not resume cleaning when they pause to recharge.
The Roomba 890 is an economic robotic vacuum. It has enough features at a low price. The newer model, Roomba e5, has all the same functions as the Roomba 890. But it has a larger battery and a bigger collection bin. You will not notice the differences between the two very much. Most people consider the more affordable one. It is not easy to save money while still having the Roomba name and dependability behind it.